1. Your old stamp time clock is broken. If you are looking for an inexpensive, quick replacement for an older time clock, a basic model such as the Icon Time SP-250 Electronic Time and Date Stamp is a good option. This model is an upgrade on the older clocks with its tamper-proof features, and auto-adjusting clock with calendar.
2. You have an old stamp time clock. Older stamp-style time clocks have many failings including the fact that all payroll must be calculated manually. The Pyramid TimeTrax EZ Swipe Kit is a low cost upgrade the calculates overtime automatically based on customizable pay structures. All the data is digitally transferred to your accounting software (ie. Quickbooks) to be processed for payroll.
3. Employees are clocking each other in and out. Eliminate badges and co-worker clock-ins with the Acroprint TimeQPlus Biometric Time Clock & Attendance System. This time clock is available for under $500 and requires an employee's fingerprint to clock in and out. The highly accurate device transmits all data to your PC for easy integration to your accounting software.
4. Payroll, time off, and attendance totals are inaccurate. Calculating the totals is inefficient and often leads to errors. The Icon Time RTC-1000 Employee Time Clock automates everything ensuring that totals are correct and all employee time is accounted for.
5. Employees have been handwriting their times. Clock-in times are curiously always rounded to the nearest 30 minute increments. A simple stamp time clock is all you need to gain accurate information about when your employees come and go. It also eliminates troubles with messy handwriting. The Acroprint PD100 Electric Payroll Recorder is available for under $130.